February 17, 2010

We've Stayed the Same...

Yesterday's weigh in revealed a weight of 314 pounds...no changes from last week.  That is good I guess, I am maintaining instead of gaining.

Last week was really tough (and the beginning of this week hasn't been too great either).  I have completely ''fallen off the bandwagon'' and I am finding it difficult to jump back on.  It's been difficult, but I know I can do this, I just HAVE to do it!  I talked with my dad last week, which was very encouraging, he and I have both always struggled with our weight (he is a large fella himself).  We talked about how it is really unfair that our bodies are almost ''built differently'' in that it is so difficult for us to lose weight.  We also talked about how we really have to fight and struggle to lose weight, and that that is frustrating, but it is the life we have been given I suppose.

Well, as a final note for this morning's post, let me share something neat I saw this morning on a friend's Facebook.  It is a neat project that is going on for another cause, but it relates to health!  An organization called blood:water mission (whose mission is:  empowering communities to work together against the HIV/AIDS & water crises in Africa) is encouraging folks to take part in the season of Lent by only drinking water.  More information can be found here.  The goal is to show that for many people in the world, water is the only option when it comes to having a beverage, and that for many of these people it is difficult, time consuming, and sometimes, virtually impossible to get potable water.  Check it out!

Until Next Time...

-----------

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, suggestions, questions, and encouragement is always welcome!

I hope you visit again soon!!!

-Tyler