April 21, 2010

Farmers' Market!!!

The last week or so I have been on a continual rant about industrialized food and the need to eat organic, local, and more ''better for you'' foods.  Well, the rants will continue, but I hope to start moving in the direction of eating organically and locally this Saturday with a visit to the opening Saturday of the Foothill's Farmers' Market in Uptown Shelby, North Carolina.

I love a Farmers' Market and I am excited about starting to visit the Foothill's Farmers' Market and getting locally grown vegetables, meats, eggs, and other yummy food items.  It's exciting because this year the Farmers' Market adopted some new policies that require their farmers to produce items in herbicide and pesticide free environments.  I also hope to find local grass-fed beef and local chicken.

I really want to stop eating overly processed or industrialized foods.  It is more expensive and it will take some effort and creativity (and I'll never be able to fully escape modified and manipulated foods...I don't have a farm of my own for instance), but I hope I can start doing it!

So, I'll be at the Farmers' Market on Saturday morning...I hope to see you there!

Until Next Time...

----------

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, suggestions, questions, and encouragement is always welcome!

I hope you visit again soon!!!

-Tyler