April 16, 2010

Let's Talk About Industrialized Food...

Well, the week has come and gone.

This week was interesting because I had an opportunity to learn more about food and the industrialized food industry.  I could create an entire other blog about this topic and all of the environmental, political, and health issues surrounding the food industry.  I had the opportunity to watch the documentary film, Food, Inc. this week and it really impacted the way I think about food and what I put into my body.

One of the things that I want to learn more about is artificial ingredients and how they impact our bodies.

I just found an interesting article about this topic on Shine from Yahoo! that can be found at this link.

The article addresses 9 ingredients that you should avoid in processed foods.  They are:


  1. Artificial Colors
  2. Artificial Flavors
  3. Artificial Sweeteners
  4. Benzoate Preservatives
  5. Brominated Vegetable Oils
  6. High Fructose Corn Syrup
  7. MSG
  8. Olestra
  9. Shortening, Hydrogenated and Patricianly Hydrogenated Oils
If you visit the attached link you can get more details about WHY to avoid these things.

Until Next Time...

----------

-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, suggestions, questions, and encouragement is always welcome!

I hope you visit again soon!!!

-Tyler