March 10, 2010

Counting Down the Days...

Spring Break arrives this Friday, and I am sure that I am just as excited as most of the students at my University for a break!  I am planning on traveling to Jacksonville, Florida for the first 4 days, then to Savannah, Georgia for St. Patrick's Day, and then on to Charleston, South Carolina for the last weekend of break.  I am excited because I really wanted to go to the beach, I have been wanting to go to Savannah for a while now, and I really really love Charleston.  It's going to be a fun and relaxed Spring Break!

I am also nervous about break because I know how I get on the weekends (eating whatever I want) and I don't want break to be like a really really long weekend.  I won't have access to a gym or a scale or anything next week, so I'm actually going to do next week's weigh-in on Friday, and then do another weigh-in when I return on March 22.  Also, since I won't have a gym to go to everyday, I plan on getting up in the mornings and going for an hour long walk/jog to keep some kind of exercise in my routine.  It's not going to be easy to get out of bed early during Spring Break to go exercise, but I know I need to do it.  I am also really concerned about food...this trip is going to be such an amazing opportunity to see new places and experience new things and one thing I absolutely love to experience when traveling is FOOD!  But, alas, I will try to contain myself, following some principles I established early on, and haven't always stuck to, such as not clearing my plate, only drinking water or unsweetened tea, and striving for healthier options that are grilled or broiled instead of fried.  I will appreciate all of your good thoughts during next week, I'm sure I'll need them!  Let's hope that I return from Spring Break having lost even more weight!!!


Until Next Time...


-----------


-Tyler     

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, suggestions, questions, and encouragement is always welcome!

I hope you visit again soon!!!

-Tyler