January 25, 2010

Here We Go Week Three...

So, I updated earlier this morning about how last week wasn't the best week for the world of Tyler Loses It!  And...that is true, I definitely could have done better.


Today I went to the gym and did 3.5 miles on the elliptical and .75 miles on the treadmill.  It is getting easier for me to work out and I am finding that I enjoy that hour or so I spend in the gym each day.


I did weigh myself this afternoon while at the gym and the results are in...



My weight, as of January 25 is:



311 pounds



A loss of 2 pounds from last week!


I'm proud of that, seeing how I didn't end the week on a good note.


I have a few goals this week, here they are:


  • Limit going out to eat.  This is something I really struggle with because it is so easy for my friends and I to go out to eat and enjoy a meal and each other's company.  It is also easier for me when I do go out to eat to overeat and not really be aware of the calories I am putting in my body.
  • If I DO go out to eat...make better choices and eat less.  I tend to think ''Oh, I'm eating at a restaurant, I can order whatever I want and eat it all.''  NOT TRUE!  I still need to make wise choices AND only eat half of what I'm served.
  • Continue working out on a daily basis.  I got a little lazy last week and missed a couple of days of working out, that's fine, but I want to try and go every day for at least an hour if possible.
  • Reduce stress and anxiety using healthy tools.  Last week was very stressful for me, and when I am stressed or anxious I revert to what I know best and what is the most comforting to me:  food.  I have to do a better job of releasing stress through working out, talking, drawing, something that is healthy and doesn't kill my eating plan.  Yeah, a little cheat here and there is okay, but at the end of last week a mixture of stress, anger, and excitement about the weekend led to me eat, frankly, whatever the hell I wanted.  Not a good idea.
  • Finally, limit ''liquid calories.''  I love soda and I love sweet tea...it hasn't been that hard for me to cut those things out, actually since I have stopped drinking them (I did have a diet soda last week and unsweetened tea, that I sweetened with Splenda, once) I am not having headaches and I feel better.  The main source of liquid calories in my life, as a college student, is alcohol.  Yes, I know, I promised you honesty...so here we go.  I really enjoy wine and beer...but do you know how many calories that crap has in it???  And I'm not necessarily talking about drinking the stuff to get drunk.  For example, when we went out to Mellow Mushroom in Asheville over the weekend I wanted a beer, the place has dozens of different options.  So I got a pint, and then a refill.  On top of my delicious calzone, I consumed hundreds of calories!  I need to reduce my ''liquid calorie'' intake.
  • One more...update the blog daily, yeah, I sucked at that a little bit toward the end of last week, let's try harder this week, shall we?
So, those are the goals for week 3, say a little prayer, if you feel so inclined, that it goes well!


Until Next Time...


------------


-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, suggestions, questions, and encouragement is always welcome!

I hope you visit again soon!!!

-Tyler