January 20, 2010

My Weekly Rant...

I promised you all earlier in the week that I would be introducing some new features to the blog this week...sorry that it has taken me so long.  But, one of the additions to the blog is something I'm going to call "My Weekly Rant."  I enjoy complaining from time to time and thought that I could do so in a fun way for you all to enjoy...so, here we go.


This week's little rant is about something many of us know and love or hate:  aspartame.  For those of you who don't know, aspartame is an artificial sweetener used in many different items to give them low-to-no calorie sweetness.  You're probably most familiar with aspartame because it is used as a sweetener in ''Diet'' sodas.  But, it can also be found in cereal, juice, yogurt, ice cream, candies, breath mints, and more.  Now, my issue with aspartame is not that it has been rumored to cause brain tumors, headaches, epilepsy, and blindness.  My issue is one of simple taste.  I HATE the way that aspartame tastes.  I hate that it's sometimes in stuff and I don't realize it until I taste if, for example:  yogurt.  A lot of ''Light'' yogurts contain aspartame as their sweetener...and I just hate the way it makes the yogurt taste.


So, aspartame, get outta my life.  We're through...I will only encounter you when I really really really need some soda, and reach for the diet kind.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah! The worst part is that when you're body tastes the artificial sweetner it's like "WOO SUGAR" and then when it realizes it's been let down you can end up being consequently more hungry before and more prone to munching!

    ReplyDelete

Comments, suggestions, questions, and encouragement is always welcome!

I hope you visit again soon!!!

-Tyler