January 11, 2010

Today's The Day...

So, ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls...TODAY IS THE DAY!!!  I began my new weight loss plan this morning and have had, in my opinion, a very successful day!  This morning I had to work at new student orientation on campus, so I was up early.  The gym didn't open until 8 this morning, so I couldn't go before the orientation.  I had my oatmeal for breakfast, a turkey sandwich with fruit and cheese cubes for lunch, and then worked out this afternoon with my friends Eric and Leanna!  It's pretty awesome because since I decided to do this I have found other folks that want to do it as well, it's great to have a team of support and people that I can talk to and share recipes and success with.  For dinner I fixed chicken alfredo with whole grain pasta and broccoli and a mixed greens salad.  


So, let's talk about the gym.  I HATE WORKING OUT!  Haha.  I hate being all sweaty, I hate being sore after working out, and it's just not fun to me.  BUT, I MUST do it!  Working out was okay, I couldn't do as much as I wish I could.  The elliptical was fine, but the treadmill was too much.  I can walk fast on it, but running hurts my ankles and knees really bad.  I think I'll just have to stick to walking and using the elliptical until I lose some weight and build up my strength.  One thing about the gym that drives me crazy are the skinny folks.  Now, to all of my skinny friends out there, I love you.  But, to all the skinny people that come into the gym and look at us fat, sweaty, trying to not have a heart attack, and gasping for air folks with disgust, I do not want to have anything to do with you.  One of the big reasons I was always nervous about going to the gym (except for feeling like I was dying and losing 10% of my body weight in sweat from one work out) was the fear that people judged me for being all nasty and fat and trying to work out.  This year I decided that I don't really care what others think of me, especially when I'm in the gym trying to better myself.  But, all of that to say, if you are skinny, and you come into the gym, and you look at me with any kind of hate or disgust in your eyes, I will cause you bodily hard.  :-)  Just kidding!  But seriously...


Alright, so the moment you've all been waiting for:  my "Biggest Loser" pictures and my actual weight!


My Weight, as of January 11 is:


319 pounds


And now...the pictures.  I am really embarrassed by these and am even a little disgusted, I'll be honest.  BUT, I promised it and it is something I must do!







Well, that was embarrassing.  BUT, I cannot wait to see the pounds melt away!!!


So, with all of that said, my first weight loss goal will be 10% of what I weigh now:  31 pounds. That is almost the same as my goal to lose 35 pounds by graduation, so I hope to lose that 10%, plus some, by the time I graduate!


I will post my weight every week and post pictures every month!


Well, that's all for now, I'm tired.


Until Next Time...


-------------------


-Tyler


6 comments:

  1. Go Tyler! You can do it! (just pretend it isn't your HS eCommerce class -haha).

    Seriously, I believe that since you had the hootspa to create the blog and share, you are well on your way to a lifestyle change.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love you and support you whole heartedly. You are a brave man. Braver than most I think.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really, really hate running. However, I LOVE lifting weights! And when you lift weights, you burn calories for hours after you stop. So you might want to mix up your workout and do part cardio and part weight-lifting. That has helped me. And good luck! I am proud of you for doing all this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tyler! Yaa for exercising- I hate to exercise too, it really brings me no joy at all, I don't feel better after I do it, but it is necessary unless we move to a no driving only walking country. Way to go on the first day- I have really started looking forward to your posts- so this is a great idea. And don't you worry about those other people at the gym. You will definately have to post what the dietian says- I am really interested. Also I sent you a recipe, and I made it tonight, it is REALLY GOOD for broccoli and you can substitute the butter for olive oil(which is what I did).
    Natalie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Everyone!

    Thank you soooo much for your support!!! Having people support me makes this whole thing so much easier!

    And Natalie, I can't WAIT to try that broccoli recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tyler - this is so cool. Did you know that for every 1 pound you lose that it reduces 6 pounds of pressure off your knees? Just think - once you lose your first 10% (which is a wonderful, realistic goal), you will have taken 186 pounds of pressure from your knees. It adds up quickly. Great, great work :)

    ReplyDelete

Comments, suggestions, questions, and encouragement is always welcome!

I hope you visit again soon!!!

-Tyler