January 19, 2010

Tuesdays Are Crazy...

So, Tuesdays and Thursdays are, by far, my craziest days during the week.  I have classes from 10 am to 4 pm and that makes for a long day.  This morning I could NOT get out of bed to go to the gym, but, I decided that my walking class, that meets on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, would take the place of my workout for the day.  Well, my class got out early, so I went to the gym anyway and did a mile and a half on the elliptical before coming home, jumping through the shower, and going on to my next class.  


I was doing pretty good today...and then this evening came.  There is a great local restaurant called Pleasant City Wood Fire Grille that has amazing deals during the week; their Tuesday night special is 1/2 price pizzas and $2 draft beers.  The place is crawling with locals and college students...and my friends and I LOVE to go.  So, we went, I did good by splitting a pizza with someone, although I did get a beer which doesn't really help my calorie intake issues.  We were doing okay, until someone suggested going to the local ice cream shop after dinner...of course me, still in my fat kid mindset, wanted ice cream like a fat kid wants cake (not sure if that analogy is too redundant here).  We went, I could have gotten a low fat or healthy option, or just one scoop, but I didn't.  I got my favorite, a Minty Grasshopper sundae.  IT IS SO GOOD!!!  And...I ate it all.  So, I did feel bad about that, but then I realized that it is okay!  It is not a huge deal!  So, I got some ice cream, big whoop.  I also went to the gym today and walked half a mile.  I also lost six pounds last week.  And I also ate better all day then I used to eat at all.  So, screw you ice cream...you're good, and I enjoy you, but you're not as much to me as you once were.  I actually felt pretty yucky after eating it (not for breaking my ''diet'' but because it was way to rich and I just wasn't impressed with the nasty way I felt afterward).


With this information in mind, I plan on working out a little extra hard tomorrow.  I am also going to play racquetball with a friend tomorrow!  That should be fun and offer a new form of exercise to my routine.  I am also thinking about incorporating a couple of exercise classes at Gardner-Webb into my schedule, just to switch things up a little bit.


Alright, I have a lot of work to get done this evening, so I am going to go do that.


I will update more tomorrow, my schedule isn't nearly as crazy.


Until Next Time...


---------------


-Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments, suggestions, questions, and encouragement is always welcome!

I hope you visit again soon!!!

-Tyler