January 18, 2010

Week Two, Week Two, We Made it to Week Two!!!

Ladies and Gentlemen, Boys and Girls, I am proud to announce that we have made it to WEEK TWO!  Yes!  Week two!  This is exciting because we will no longer be counting in days, but in weeks (I can't wait until the ''counting by months'' times get here).  This morning I found myself laying in bed when the alarm clock went off at 8:30, having no desire to get up and go to the gym.  Then, I remembered it is weigh-in day, so that made me a little more excited.  Of course, going to the gym was quiet the adventure because I forgot that my tennis shoes were completely covered in red clay mud (our friend Jennifer's car got stuck at our house over the weekend and we had to push it out, it was pretty gross) and my iPod was missing.  So, after washing my shoes in the shower (then realizing they were soaking once I put them on and my feet, in turn, became soaked) and finding my iPod (it was in one of my jackets hanging in the closet, by the way), I was off to the gym.  


Now, let's talk about a fundamental struggle I have every time I go to the gym:  I always want to drive.  I know, I know...pretty lazy, huh?  I mean, I am a ten minute walk from the gym (and, let's be honest, a ten minute drive once I drive all over campus trying to find a parking spot that is in a ''least likely to get ticketed for not having a valid parking permit'' area [PS:  GWU administration folks that may be reading this, that last sentence is just a figment of your imagination]).  But, alas, I always find myself wanting to get in the car and drive there...when it's warmer I will walk, but for now, let me have my driving to the gym...PLEASE?!?!


Another fun thing happened this morning while I was in the gym...it was a Dawg Day.  For those not familiar with my university, Gardner-Webb, a Dawg Days is your typical prospective student visit day.  The Dawg Day tours come right through the work out area where I was and I felt like a freakin' zoo animal.  I had my headphones in (attached to my missing iPod from earlier in the morning) so I couldn't hear what the tour guides were saying, BUT, I am sure it went something like this:  On your left you will see the endangered overweight Gardner-Webb elephant, be careful, he will charge if he smells chocolate.  Okay, I'm sure they weren't saying that, but that last part is true...I would charge if I smelled chocolate.


So that has been my morning thus far, and now I have exciting news to share with you all!  As I said earlier, today was weigh-in day, and I weighed this morning and have the following to report:


My weight, as of January 18 is:


313 pounds


A loss of 6 pounds from last week!


So, some of you may be going "Oh my god?!?!  6 pounds in one week?!?!  You're going to die!!!"  Well, for all of my friends out there who have dieted in the past, and from my own past experience, the first week tends to have a greater weight loss than other weeks.  This next week will probably be a larger number too, then I will settle in to a more steady 1 to 2 pounds a week.


Alright, that is all for now, I must go to class.  And, don't worry, I'll be walking.


Check back this afternoon for an update on the blog, specifically, and some new features I am going to be incorporating this week (including my new special, A Little Weekly Rant).


Until Next Time...


--------------


-Tyler

4 comments:

  1. Tyler! 6 pounds that is awesome!!! I'm so proud- you are doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go. I am proud of you, keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay, Tyler! That is so amazing! And sorry (again!) for the muddy shoes. Me and my car sure did appreciate it, though! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Remember our attempt at Cleveland County Shrink Down... Week one is always the better week. Keep up the good work man!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments, suggestions, questions, and encouragement is always welcome!

I hope you visit again soon!!!

-Tyler